Front Desk Attendant
Location: Peoria, Illinois 61602
Represent the Hotel to the guest. Responds courteously and efficiently to the guests needs. Acts as a source of information about the hotel and the local area. Assists guest during the arrival and departure. Responsible for selling rooms and making reservations. Performs a variety of clerical and office duties, handles departmental accounting and financial transactions, posts payments, charges and credits to the city ledger. Sets up and maintains records.
- Provides courteous guest service by responding promptly and efficiently to inquiries, requests, complaints, and by accurately processing guest mail and messages.
- Coordinates the delivery of guest services by other hotel departments and outside businesses.
- Processes all incoming and outgoing reservations and cancellation requests in a timely manner by mail, telephone, in person and via computerized reservation system.
- Assists guests upon arrival and handles check-in procedures swiftly and accurately.
- Handles check out procedures swiftly and accurately and assists guests on departure.
- Accurately handles marketing programs applicable to the hotel and properly presents the programs to the guests.
- Handles departmental accounting of monies, receipts, guest accounts and other forms of credit. Operates the departmental cash drawer.
- Maintains information and communication sources such as computer, telephone information and log books.
- Operates switchboard equipment that handles incoming calls, wake-up calls and the paging of management staff.
- Balances bank and paperwork at the end of the shift.
- Bucket checks: checks for high balances, credit card approvals, rate changes, direct bill information complete, and due outs.
- Familiarizes self with events i.e. what meetings are being held and where.
- Performs other duties and services required by the Front Office Manager to better the department or hotel.
- Strong customer service skills.
- The ability to adapt to different guests.
- Good problem solving skills.
- The ability to use computerised technology.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills to provide overall guest satisfaction.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
- Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. High School education required.
- Previous experience in hotels preferred but not required. Background of dealing with and handling the public with tactfulness.
Hourly/1st Shift Available