General Manager, Best Western Fortuna, CA
Location: Fortuna, California 95540
To lead the hotel and its team members in the efforts to increase the value, performance and profitability by providing industry expertise, resources, and tools to maximize operating performance. To provide total direction and consultation to all team associates to ensure team member and guest loyalty alike. Responsible for the overall daily operations of the hotel to include but not limited to Revenue Management, Sales/Marketing, Food and Beverage, Housekeeping, Employee training, Accounting and Budgeting, forecasting, cost control and Superior Guest Service.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Will meet or exceed all relevant performances standards which include quality of work, productivity, technical knowledge, communication, teamwork, leadership, project management skills and standards of conduct.
- Administer Human Resource functions to include: recruiting, interviewing of all team members, hiring, supervision, training and development of department managers and team members in the respective areas of the operation.
- Conduct annual reviews of performance and identify annual performance goals and objectives.
- Conduct physical property tours daily. Responsible for the properties condition/cleanliness and quality of product/service throughout the hotel.
- Actively participate, train and display hands-on approach in leadership in the areas of Front Desk, Housekeeping and Maintenance.
- Administer, create and implement Sales and Marketing programs to address customer needs, increase market share and generate group and leisure revenues. Provide support and direction to the Director of Sales in the tracking and management of leads, revenue management and pricing strategies and account management. Maintain relationships with key accounts.
- Manage food and beverage/banquet operations to ensure food quality, customer service and cost controls.
- Financial administration to include but not be limited to management of accounts receivable, analyzing profit and loss statements, hotel payroll, daily transmittals and reporting, Participate in community affairs and maintain positive public image with potential and current clients, vendors, staff and any additional parties directly or indirectly associated with the promotion and impact to the hotel.
- Other tasks that will better the department or the hotel.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Communication – Excellent consultative skills with high degree of diplomacy. Must display strong written and oral communication skills.
- Leadership – Strong motivator with proven people skills and excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to execute strategic direction for the company and influence others in support of that strategy. Ability to direct multiple projects simultaneously.
- Problem Solving – Ability to assess any given situation, taking into account cost, time management, company resources and company integrity to make strong and valuable decisions. Initiative to ensure timely and efficient response to owners/managers request for assistance.
- Creativity – Ability to be innovative and identify opportunities for improvement and problem resolution in a diverse and complex business environment.
- Organization – Demonstrate ability to proactively prioritize needs and effectively manage resources.
- Planning – Skillfully determine whether tasks should be attempted, identifying the most effective way of completing the task, and preparing to overcome expected difficulties.
Bachelor’s degree or combination of advanced education and equivalent work experience.
Previous experience for the brand of hotel preferred but not required. Minimum of 3 years overall hotel experience required to include 1+ year(s) as General Manage